Family Weekend - For parents,
grandparents, and siblings
Online registration is now closed. Events are still open. Payment will be accepted when you arrive.
- Parents Breakfast, $5 per person, in Foster Hall (Ariel Arena)
- Meals in the Dining Commons (prices vary per meal)
- OAKtoberfest, $5, Oakwood Lawn
October 14-16, 2016
Family Weekend is an opportunity for families of MVNU students to experience the rich variety of activities on campus and in Knox County.
Come and get a taste of what your daughter or son is experiencing at MVNU. Tour the campus, enjoy breakfast with other parents, attend athletic competitions, visit MVNU's Schnormeier Gallery, eat a meal with students in the dining commons, enjoy the beauty of various sites in Mount Vernon, and don't miss the annual OAKtoberfest activities!
Register online as soon as possible to help us prepare for your visit. If you have any questions, contact Wendi Lahmon at
email@example.com, or call 740-397-9000, ext. 4602.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, Oct. 14, 2016
Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016
- 10:20 a.m.: Grandparents' Chapel
Attend chapel with your MVNU student
- 11:15 a.m.: Lunch in the MVNU Dining Commons
- Afternoon: Self-guided campus
tour, enjoy area activities
1:30 p.m.: Estate Planning Workshop
- Location: President Dining Room (lower level of Hyson Campus Center)
- Presenter: Dr. Donald Lain, Vice President of Gift Planning, Church of the Nazarene Foundation
- Program: Information about estate planning and the various strategies available that address your legacy gifts
- RSVP: Please RVSP for this workshop by calling 740-397-9000, ext. 4110; or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
5:30 p.m.: Concert on the Lawn
- Location: Lawn in front of the R.R. Hodges Chapel
- Program: Featuring the MVNU jazz band, flute choir and wind ensemble
Classes are not canceled. Please talk with your student about their schedule for the day.
Sunday, Oct. 16, 2016
- 9 a.m.: Parent Breakfast, Foster Fall, Ariel Arena
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.: Lunch in the MVNU Dining Commons
- 1-5 p.m.: Residence Area Open House
- 3 p.m.: MVNU Volleyball v. Marian University
- 4 p.m.: MVNU Womens Soccer v. Goshen College
- 4 p.m.: Dime-A-Dog at women's soccer match
- 5-7 p.m.: Family Fall Festival Dinner, MVNU Dining Commons
- 6-10 p.m.: OAKtoberfest, Oakwood Lawn
A festival with all of the fall favorites! The whole family is invited to enjoy fresh kettle corn, live music, pumpkin carving and hay rides.
- 8 a.m. to noon: Attend an area church service
- 9:30 a.m.: Lakeholm Church of the Nazarene, 16001 Glen Road
- 9:30 or 11 a.m.: New Life Church of the Nazarene, 665 Harcourt Road
- 10:45 a.m.: First Church of the Nazarene, 807 Coshocton Ave.
- Other church information can be viewed at