The purpose of the Mount Vernon Nazarene University Parents' Association is to cultivate a spirit of interaction between parents and University by:
- Providing prayer support to the University.
- Inviting input to the University's plans and direction.
- Advising and assisting the Development Office in identifying
and cultivating new sources of gift income.
- Acting as ambassadors for the University in their local arenas.
- Serving as a resource and portal for other parents to the University.
- Evaluating University communication with parents.
- Exploring whether the needs of MVNU students are being met.
All parents of current MVNU students are automatically members of the MVNU Parents' Association. Throughout this document the term "parent" shall mean parent or legal guardian.
The principal liaison to the University and the Association will be the Associate Dean of Student Development
with assistance from the Alumni Office
and Student Development Services.
the Parents' Association is to be provided by a Parents' Council.
This council will meet two times per year and include four parental
groups from each class who serve one-year terms (renewable up
to four years).
for membership are:
- Desire to serve and to partner in parent's Council activities.
- Geographic representation.
- Diversity in backgrounds.
- Ability to commit time and resources to the University.
- Evidence of interest in education in general and MVNU.
- Adherence to the university's standards and beliefs.
Members are chosen by a committee from the Development, Alumni, Admissions and Student Development offices and current council members. Click Here
for a list of current council members. (Available in Adobe PDF format. Click here to download the free Acrobat Reader
TERM OF SERVICE:
The term shall be from June 1 to May 31 each year. Freshmen representatives will be chosen in the fall before Parents' Weekend.