WNZR's Lifeline 2013 coming soon
March 20-23, 2013
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio - WNZR 90.9 FM, a broadcast ministry of Mount Vernon Nazarene University, is preparing for Lifeline 2013. This annual fundraising effort is an opportunity for listeners to pledge their support to WNZR.
This year's goal is $60,000 and the theme is The Proof of Your Love. The theme verses for Lifeline 2013 are 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. Over these last few months, the WNZR staff has been moved and challenged by the song The Proof of Your Love by the band For King and Country. The band quotes the powerful message of 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 in the song. This is Paul's reminder that committed followers of Christ must border all their words and actions in love, because what we say and do is a reflection of Him: "... no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love."
"As a radio ministry, we seek to provide evidence of Christ's love with the music and programs we air," said Marcy Rinehart, WNZR Station Manager and co-host of The Morning Thing. "As a group, we are also renewing our commitment to let His love reflect through our individual lives."
Lifeline 2013 will start on Wednesday, March 20, and run through Saturday, March 23, with a wrap-up day on Monday, March 25. "Our desire is for WNZR's broadcast ministry to extend a vision that started 26 years ago," said Joe Rinehart, MVNU's director of Broadcasting and
co-host of WNZR's Afternoon Drive. "We hope to broadcast an uplifting message that encourages listeners into a deeper relationship with Jesus. Your gift allows us to continue that effort. Your partnership is also an investment in our students to develop their broadcasting skills while discovering passion and purpose in their lives."
"This is my fourth year being involved with WNZR, and every year the gifts and prayers have overflowed," said Alex Gray, a senior public relations & sports management major from Warren, Pennsylvania and WNZR's Underwriting Coordinator. "To a casual observer, speaking on the airwaves requires nothing more than the simple push of a button to turn on the microphone. It means so much more than that to me. The ability to press those buttons was made possible by this community's response in gifts and prayers over the past 26 years. I thank everyone that has been faithful to our ministry and for showing me the importance of making sacrifices for a cause that God's hand is on."
Wednesday, March 20, is WNZR's annual "Day of Prayer and Praise." From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., the staff will focus on how God has provided for WNZR over the past 26 years. Listeners are encouraged to call the station throughout the day to share personal testimonies, prayer requests and praise reports.
Fundraising for Lifeline 2013 begins on March 21, continues through March 23, and will emphasize WNZR's growth through listener support.
Lifeline 2013 appreciation gifts will be given for donations at designated levels. Everyone making a donation will receive a Lifeline 2013 refrigerator magnet. Donors giving $10 per month will receive a WNZR Tote Bag. The official Lifeline 2013 t-shirt, featuring The Proof of Your Love theme, will be given for gifts of $25 per month. A WNZR packable windbreaker will be given for donations of $50 per month.
Several challenges and special events will be held during Lifeline 2013:
- The Lifeline Challenge encourages families to support WNZR's ministry and asks for a monthly donation of $25 over the next 12 months
- The Lifeline Choice Challenge is scheduled for Thursday, March 21, from 4-7 p.m. Papa John's Pizza, Parkside Restaurant, Pirate's Cove and Southside Diner have joined the station to offer gift certificates to donors
- Matching Challenge Day is Friday, March 22. From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., listeners will have a chance to have their pledge money doubled
- The PTLIF (Praise the Lord it's Friday) Party will be held on Friday, March 22, at 8p.m. at MVNU's Dining Commons in the Hyson Campus Center. This event will include food (hot dogs and nachos), prizes and the premiere of the new VeggieTales video "The Little House that Stood." Tickets for the PTLIF Party are $4 per person and are available at the Gospel Supply Shop or at the door on March 22. All proceeds from this event support Lifeline 2013. Seating is limited with only 300 tickets available
- On The Road with Big Blue is Saturday, March 23, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Marcy Rinehart and Sonny Panzica, hosts of The Morning Thing, will take Big Blue on the road to 3 locations. The first 50 visitors to each location will receive one Velvet Ice Cream novelty (ice cream sandwiches, power pops, sundae cones or Olde Mill Bars). Schedule:
3pm - 4pm at the MVNU Buchwald Plaza, South Main Street, Mount Vernon;
4pm - 5pm at Hiawatha Park, Sychar Road, Mount Vernon;
5pm - 6pm at Mount Vernon's Memorial Park on Mount Vernon Avenue.
More details on these challenges and events can be found on the station's website, www.wnzr.fm
WNZR 90.9 FM is celebrating 26 years as Knox County's hometown Christian radio station. WNZR broadcasts contemporary Christian music, family-oriented programs, sports, news and weather 24 hours a day. All who wish to support Lifeline 2013 or who would like more information, please visit www.wnzr.fm, or call WNZR at (740) 392-9090 during the March 20-25 fundraiser.
Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a private, four-year, intentionally Christian teaching university for traditional age students, graduate students and working adults. With a 400-acre main campus in Mount Vernon, Ohio, and several convenient Graduate and Professional Studies locations throughout the state, MVNU emphasizes academic excellence, spiritual growth and service to community and church. MVNU offers an affordable education to more than 2,500 students from 32 states and six countries/U.S. territories.