"No Turning Back" this March with WNZR
March 7-10, 2012
MOUNT VERNON, Ohio. -- WNZR 90.9 FM, a broadcast ministry of Mount Vernon Nazarene University, is preparing for Lifeline 2012. This annual fundraising effort is an opportunity for listeners to pledge their support to WNZR.
This year's fundraising goal is $60,000 and the theme for the week is No Turning Back, which is taken from Luke 9:23, in which Jesus says, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”No Turning Back represents a commitment to be daily Christ-followers, allowing Him to be the guiding force in our lives. The theme also challenges the station to stay focused and committed to the path started in 1986 when WNZR signed on the air.
Lifeline 2012 will start on Wednesday, March 7, and run through Saturday, March 10, with a wrap-up day on Monday, March 12. "Our desire is for WNZR's broadcast ministry to extend a vision that started 25 years ago," said Joe Rinehart, MVNU's Director of Broadcasting and co-host of WNZR's Afternoon Drive. "We hope to broadcast an uplifting message that encourages listeners into a deeper relationship with Jesus. Your gift allows us to continue that effort. Your partnership is also an investment in our students to develop their broadcasting skills while discovering passion and purpose in their lives."
"Lifeline really defines itself," said Stephen King, a senior broadcasting major from Owego, New York, and co-host of WNZR's The Morning Thing. "As a student, Lifeline is truly what glues all of us together here at WNZR. Not only does it provide great fundraising experience for our futures, but it is what keeps WNZR moving forward. It's amazing to see what God does through our listeners in the community. I am thankful for your partnership!"
Wednesday, March 7, is WNZR's annual "Day of Prayer and Praise." From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., the staff will focus on how God has provided for WNZR over the past 25 years. Listeners are encouraged to call the station throughout the day to share personal testimonies, prayer requests and praise reports.
Fundraising for Lifeline 2012 begins on March 8, continues through March 10, and will emphasize WNZR's growth through listener support.
Lifeline 2012 appreciation gifts will be given for donations at designated levels. Everyone making a donation will receive a Lifeline 2012 refrigerator magnet. Donors giving $10 per month will receive a Lifeline 2012 travel mug. The official Lifeline 2012 t-shirt, featuring the No Turning Back theme, will be given for gifts of $25 per month. A WNZR fleece zip-up jacket will be given for donations of $50 per month.
Several challenges and special events will be held during Lifeline 2012:
- The Lifeline Challenge encourages families to support WNZR's ministry and asks for a monthly donation of $25 over the next 12 months.
- The Lifeline Choice Challenge is scheduled for Thursday, March 8, from 4-7 p.m. Domino's Pizza, Southside Diner and Papa John's Pizza have joined the station to offer gift certificates to donors.
- Matching Challenge Day is Friday, March 9. From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., listeners will have a chance to have their pledge money doubled.
- The PTLIF (Praise The Lord It's Friday) Party will be held on Friday, March 9, at 7:30 p.m. at MVNU's Dining Commons in Hyson Campus Center. This event will include an all-you-can-eat hot dog and nacho buffet, prizes and the premiere of the new VeggieTales video "Robin Hood and his Not-so-Merry Men." Tickets for the PTLIF Party are $4 per person and are available at the Gospel Supply Shop or at the door on March 9. All proceeds from this event support Lifeline 2012.
- Where in the World is Big Blue? will be held Saturday, March 10, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Marcy Rinehart, Jayme McMillan and Stephen King, hosts of The Morning Thing, will take Big Blue to 4 secret locations. If you can correctly guess the locations, you get registered to win a WNZR Beanie Hat. Four winners will receive a $50 gift certificate to one of our local, downtown bookstores - Gospel Supply Shop and Paragraph's Bookstore. Extra clues will be provided on WNZR's Facebook page.
More details on these challenges and events can be found on the station's website, www.wnzr.fm
WNZR 90.9 FM is celebrating 25 years as Knox County's hometown Christian radio station. WNZR broadcasts contemporary Christian music, family-oriented programs, sports, news and weather 24 hours a day. All who wish to support Lifeline 2012 or who would like more information, please visit www.wnzr.fm, or call WNZR at (740) 392-9090 during the March 7-12 fundraiser.