Cost: $5,190 -
Click here for what's
included and not included.
Deposit: Either a $100 or $200 (your choice) deposit should be made to begin the payment process. MVNU students will make this deposit and set up a trip account with the MVNU Office of Student Accounts 740-397-9000, ext. 4540 or 4543 (for credit card payments with a fee). Or email questions to
MVNU Student Payment Options:
- You can use a tuition pay plan through a third party company (Higher One) to spread out the payments over nine months
from August 5 to April 5 (an eight month plan is also available).
- FIRST, make your initial $100 or $200 deposit to MVNU Student Accounts.
- Set up your plan at
- Money that comes in from your Higher One installments will be placed in your trip account. As of late November, 2016 the options remaining are a FIVE month plan with the first payment due December 5, 2016 through April 5, 2017;
or a FOUR month plan with the first payment due January 5 through April 5, 2017. Essentially you would divide the $5,190 trip cost by five or four to establish your payments. This system has a $75 fee.
- Support letter and other donations on your behalf need to be made to you, the traveler.
Then you can apply such gifts to your trip account in the Student Accounts Office. Write your student ID and Croatia/Italy trip on the memo line. If you end up receiving a lot of donations, you can work with student accounts to reduce your tuition pay plan through Higher One, or even eliminate it (if you are using Higher One for just the trip). See Dr. Tocheff for the support letter template.
MAKE SURE ALL REFERENCES TO THE TRIP ARE FOR THE CROATIA/ITALY TRIP MSS5019.
- First, make your initial $100 or $200 deposit to MVNU Student Accounts
- The total trip cost of $5,190 must be paid in full to Student Accounts by December 14, 2016. OR, pay a $50 late fee for an extension to January 8, 2017.
- Support letter (with the accompanying donor sheet) and other donations should be made payable to MVNU, and mailed to the office of Student Accounts at the university address
-- 800 Martinsburg Road, Mount Vernon, OH 43050. Write your student ID and Croatia/Italy trip on the memo line. See Dr. Tocheff for the support letter template.
For either payment option, donations made
on behalf of a specific traveler are not tax
deductible. Gifts made for the entire group
ARE tax deductible and can be made at
giving.mvnu.edu. Choose Croatia/Italy
2017 from the drop down box.
Payments for alumni, parents, friends and
- Please send your $100 or $200 deposit by September 1; a trip account will be set up for you to ensure you will have the total balance paid by March 1, 2017. This can be done in six payments on the 15th of the month, the last one on February 15 to meet the March 1 deadline.
- Please send your deposit and payments to:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
If you use
the support letters, you need to send these to as many people as possible; to anyone either you or your parents know; even past teachers. We've had kindergarten teachers donate before; and people from previous churches. Start gathering names and addresses now. Get permission from your pastor to get addresses from a church directory.
Remember, if someone donates to you personally, the gift is NOT tax deductible. If they choose to donate toward the trip as a whole (that
we would use for expenses) then the gift IS tax deductible (but it wouldn't benefit you personally very much).
For detailed insurance
- Round-trip transportation. Outbound
- Columbus - Milan. Return - Rome -Charlotte. Taxes, fees and fuel surcharges subject to change
- Includes up to $700 for U.S. Government airline taxes, fees, and estimated fuel surcharge
- Coach transportation: available for the entire tour
- Ferry transportation per itinerary
- Formal concerts are professionally provided in superior venues with attention to technical details and effective publicity
- Rental of needed instruments throughout the tour
- Hotel accommodations in superior tourist-class (3 & 4-star) hotels chosen for location, reputation, cleanliness, and service. Double occupancy; private facilities
- Daily breakfast and twelve dinners (breakfast is not included on day of arrival and dinner not included on day of departure)
- Entrance fees for all primary sites
- Electronic versions of the tour itinerary
- One full-time, multi-lingual Tour Manager will be on the motor coach through the entire tour. MCI's European office staff is easily available 24 hours daily for assistance
- Excursions are conducted by licensed, professional guides
- Tips to hotel personnel (including meals)
- 1 Flight bag, 2 Luggage tags, 1 Souvenir Photo Video, 1 Souvenir T-shirt
- Pre-departure Travel Notes are available to each participant containing useful information about travel preparation, destination information, useful packing and cultural conditioning suggestions
- $2M MCI Tour Liability Insurance coverage
- Individual insurance coverage is included in all MCI programs with MCI arranged airline transportation
- Summary of coverage:
- $10,000 -- Travel Accident
- $1,000 -- Medical Expense
- $300 -- Baggage Coverage
- $600 -- Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay
- Travel visa for non-U.S. passport holders
- Tips to Tour Manager, city guides and motor coach driver(s)
- Concert programs
- Transportation to and from Columbus airport
- Lunches and all drinks
- Airline luggage fees, if applicable
- Church of the Nazarene Work and Witness insurance
- Difference between current and actual costs for the airline taxes and the estimated fuel surcharge