|MVNU Home / Academics / Institutional Effectiveness / Test Center Services for Faculty |
Test Center Services for Faculty
Test Center Home |
Test Center Services for Students
The Test Center serves faculty through proctoring and scoring objective examinations. Please contact the Test Center (x4230 or e-mail
email@example.com) to get additional information. Please note the Test Center does not administer exams for an entire class when the professor is not available.
Administration of make-up examinations necessitated by student class absences when requested and authorized by the instructor of the course. Instructors must provide the testing materials to the Test Center in advance of the make-up examination and authorize individual students for the make-up examination.
- A Proctor Request Form is required for each student taking a make-up exam. This form provides the Test Center with information on proctoring exams according to your specifications. The form may be accessed through SharePoint/ReadOnly/AcademicAffairsDivision/TestCenter.
- The exam should be delivered to the Test Center personally, sent through campus mail, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After administration, the exam may be picked up in person or sent back through campus mail.
Scoring of objective examinations (true-false, matching, or multiple choice) when students record their responses on ScanTron answer sheets. The instructors must provide the scoring key, item weights, and other information to the Test Center.
- A Scantron Submission Form is required for each set of tests being graded. This form is available through SharePoint/ReadOnly/AcademicAffairsDivision/TestCenter.
- Please allow till the end of the next business day for a set of exams to be scored. Every attempt is made to have exams graded within the same day they are received.
- Class Response Report: Lists answers given by every student, sorted by ID number. See Sample A.
- Item Analysis Report: Based upon raw scores. Statistically calculates the reliability and effectiveness of a question. See Sample B.
- Roster Report: A list of all students and their grade, sorted by last name. See Sample C.
- Score Distribution by Percentile: Gives statistics of the class distribution of scores. See Sample D.
- Histogram: Gives statistics of the class distribution of scores in the form of a bar graph. See Sample E.
- Student Test Report: A report to return to students. It contains their scores and their answers to each item. See Sample F.
- Text File: Can be used for an Excel spreadsheet