- About GPS
- Graduate Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- MVNU Sites
- Admissions & Financial Aid
SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
|BACHELOR OF SOCIAL WORK|
- Completion of an associate degree in Human Services or completion of a minimum of 56 traditional semester hours (84 quarter hours) from college-level courses taken at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale in all previous college course work.
- Completion of two years of full-time work experience.
- Completion of foundation courses in social work, including Introduction to Social Work, Social Work Interviewing and Documentation, Cultural and Human Diversity, Social Welfare Systems, and a minimum of 70 hours of supervised field experience. Courses must be successfully passed with a minimum grade of C.
- Completion of required cognate courses, including Introduction to Sociology, General Psychology, and Principles of Biology.
- Completion of a social work program application, including three references; one reference must be from a Human Services program or previous college about candidate’s suitability for the social work profession.
- Submission of a copy of final field experience performance evaluation.
- Prior learning credit or work experience is not accepted for this program
- Completion of a Social Work program application
- Submission of three references, including a recommendation from a Human Services program or previous college about the candidate's suitability for the social work profession.
- Notification from MVNU Social Work Recruiter about transcript audit results. If admission requirements met, MVNU Social Work Recruiter will assist with enrollment process.
- After acceptance, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a place in a cohort group. The deposit is applied to tuition. Each cohort size is limited.
The financial aid will assist with application process for tuition reimbursement from employer, federal student aid, or a student loan.Graduation Requirements (total of 124 semester hours needed to graduate)
- 6 semester hours in English composition or the completion of the English composition capstone course
- 3 semester hours in mathematics (must include MAT2063 Introduction to Statistics)
- 9 semester hours in arts and humanities
- 6 semester hours in natural sciences (must include BIO1014 Principles of Biology)
- 9 semester hours in liberal arts electives
- 16 semester hours in social work foundation courses required for admission to the program
- Introduction to Social Work
- Social Welfare Systems
- Cultural and Human Diversity
- Social Work Interviewing and Documentation
- A minimum of 70 hours in a supervised field experience
- 48.5 semester hours in social work program requirements
- Foundations of Generalist Social Work Practice
- Social Justice and Advocacy
- Social Science Research Methods
- Social Work Micropractice
- Social Work Mezzopractice with Groups
- Social Work Practice with Families
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment I
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment II
- Social Work Macropractice
- Analysis of Social Policy
- Foundations of a Biblical Worldview
- Integrated Social Work Seminar
- Social Work Practicum
- Technology for Professionals
- Introduction to Statistics