In addition to completing an application with a statement of purpose and contact information for at least two references, applicants for regular admission must:
- Submit transcripts of all previous college or university courses; or high school transcript if there is no college; as well as ACT scores (if taken)
- Have two (2) years of post-high school, full-time work experience;
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.50 in all previous college course work for regular admittance status. An applicant with a college GPA of less than 2.50 OR no college level work may apply for probationary admittance.
Some students may be admitted under a probationary admission status. For probationary admission, candidates must:
- Have earned a 2.0-2.4 cumulative GPA in any previous college course work
- Probationary admittance will be automatic if a candidate has no previous college coursework.
- Complete all other regular admission requirements.
How to Finance Your Education
Our financial aid staff will work with you to apply for tuition reimbursement from your employer, federal student aid, or a student loan.
Graduation Requirements (total of 120 semester hours needed to graduate)
A total of 123 semester hours is required in order to graduate, including transfer credits; a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 is also required. The 123 semester hours must include the 116 semester hours in the Early Childhood Education Major (with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for those courses). They must also include 39 semester hours in General Education coursework:
- 3 semester hours in English composition that must include a research writing component.
- 12 semester hours in arts and humanities (must include Public Speaking & a Bible course)
- 3 semester hours in math
- 3 semester hours in natural sciences including a lab
- 3 semester hours in social and behavioral sciences
- 6 semester hours in math, natural sciences, and/or social/behavioral sciences
- 9 semester hours in liberal arts electives