- Hold an earned associate degree in Early Childhood or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution OR have completed the equivalent education course work at the bachelor’s degree level
- Submission of official transcripts from each college and university attended.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale in all previous college course work
- Completion of required core courses or written a plan to complete them.
- Completion of the ECE program application, including two references; one reference must be from a previous college faculty about candidate’s suitability for the teaching profession.
- Completion of an Admissions Seminar
- Praxis I score report demonstrating minimum required scores (Reading 173, Writing 172, Math 172)
- Documentation of all supervised, academic fields – include number of hours completed, grade level, district/school, and dates
- Prior learning credit or work experience is not accepted for this program
- Once the transcripts have been received and evaluated, an MVNU recruiter will contact you to notify you of the transcript audit results. If you have met the admission requirements and been accepted, you will be assisted through the enrollment process.
How to Finance Your Education
Our financial aid staff will work with you to apply for tuition reimbursement from your employer, federal student aid, or a student loan.
Graduation Requirements (total of 120 semester hours needed to graduate)
- General Education Requirements (Total of 39 hours)
- 3 semester hours in English composition including a research writing component.
- 12 semester hours in arts and humanities (must include Public Speaking & Foundations of a Biblical Worldview)
- 3 semester hours in math
- 3 semester hours in natural sciences including a lab
- 3 semester hours in social and behavioral sciences
- 6 semester hours in math, natural sciences, and/or social/behavioral sciences
- 9 semester hours in liberal arts electives
- 46.5 minimum semester hours in BA:ECE requirements