ISM Admission Requirements
You’re ready to make a difference in your own life and in the lives of others. When you enter the ISM program at MVNU, you earn both your master’s degree in education and prepare for state licensure exams.
Requirements for Master of Arts in Education - ISM program enrollment:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Probationary admittance is possible for cumulative grade point average of 2.0-2.99.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 500 or above on the TOEFL test or scoring 17 or above on the ESL Proficiency Examination.
How do I get started?
- Complete the MAEd graduate application form.
- Submit a "Statement of Purpose" (described on the application form).
- Submit the names of each university/college you have attended for obtaining transcripts.
- Attend an Admissions Interview.
Graduation & Licensure Requirements
- Cumulative GPA for ISM of at least 3.00
- Pass Praxis II
- SpEd K-B Core Principles - 0354 and
- PLT PK-3 - 0521 (166) or
- PLT K-6 - 0522 (168) or
- PLT 5-9 - 0523 (168) or
- PLT 7-12 - 0524 (165)
- Complete field experiences at a range of age, ability levels, kinds of disabilities, and a variety of settings (including diversity)
- Pass BCII background check (FBI check also, if in Ohio less than five years)
- Complete all course work, field experiences and student teaching with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and no grade in field experiences below a B-
- Click to view Reading/Literacy Requirements