- AFFORDABLE: Just $350/credit hour with NO resource fee!
- COMPREHENSIVE: Our 12-15 credit-hour program meets all state requirements.
- CONVENIENT: Complete your coursework ONLINE in as few as 4 months.
- FLEXIBLE: Fulfill majority of your practicum hours in your own classroom!
Mount Vernon Nazarene University offers a graduate level Reading Endorsement program for licensed teachers. This endorsement can be added to any valid Ohio teaching license and certifies the endorsement holder to teach reading in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade. MVNU's reading endorsement program helps teachers meet the qualification requirements set out in Ohio's Third Grade Reading Guarantee.
Course work for the endorsement can be completed online and a 100 clock hour practicum experience is also required. MVNU's endorsement program is approved by the Ohio Board of Regents.
The endorsement consists of 15 semester hours, including a four credit hour, 100 clock hour practicum experience. Courses are offered year-round on a rotating basis and include the following titles:
- ECE6252 Advanced Children's Literature 
- MCE6023 Adolescent Literature 
- EDU5033 Reading Assessment & Intervention 
- EDU6123 Contemporary Research in Literacy 
- EDU6094 Reading Practicum 
To read more about this reading endorsement, please read the press release.