|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
Dr. Rick Williamson
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3616
- Ph.D. Southern Baptist Seminary, New Testament, 1993.
- M.A. University of Iowa, Jewish/Christian Literature, 1987.
- M.Div. Nazarene Theological Seminary, 1975.
- B.A. Mid America Nazarene University, 1972.
Professional Organizations :
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio; Professor of Biblical Literature-July 2001 to present; Chaplain for Graduate and Professional Studies-July 2001 to 2006
- Nazarene Bible College, Colorado Springs, Colorado; Professor of Bible- November 1997 to June 1999; Online Faculty-August 1998 to 2001
- Columbus Regional Hospital, Columbus, Indiana; Hospital Chaplain- 1999 to 2001
- Spalding University, Louisville, Kentucky; Adjunct Professor of New Testament- 1995-1997
- Alliant Health System, Louisville, Kentucky; Chaplain 1990-1997
- Military Chaplain, US Army (Guard/Reserve), 1988-1999.
- Pastor, Churches of the Nazarene, Iowa and Indiana, 1975-1989
Awards and Recognition:
- Society of Biblical Literature
- Wesleyan Theological Society
- Association of Professional Chaplains
- Chaplains Association of Ohio
Published Works & Presentations:
- One time (to date) reader for Society of Biblical Literature in their Dissertation Monograph series
- Invited External grader for Nazarene Bible College's Assessment Plan 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Invited contributor and Responder to Exploring Chaplaincy Ministry: An Overview of Relevant Opportunities to Expand a Pastor's Effective Ministry and Spiritual Impact Beyond the Sphere of A Local Church - a twelve lesson module for the Deacon's Course of Study for the Church of the Nazarene. Workshop co-writer in 2005. Responder/proof-reader in 2006.
- Outstanding Young Men of America, 1978
- Promotion to Full Professor 2005
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- The Letters of John: Commentary on 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John for Beacon Hill Commentary Project, 2011
- Christ Victorious! Five commentary articles on the Book of Revelation for Summer 2009, Illustrated Bible Life (Word Action Publishing, Kansas City, MO)
- Knowing God and Many Antichrists. Spring 2009, Illustrated Bible Life (Word Action Publishing, Kansas City, MO)
- Singing: Luke's Songs as Melodies of the Marginalized in Vital Christianity: Spirituality, Justice, and Christian Practice, Eds. David L. Weaver-Zercher and William H. Willimon, 2005 (T & T Clark, New York)
- This We Proclaim: Preaching from the Johannial Letter in The Bible Tells Me So: Reading the Bible as Scripture, Ed. Richard P. Thompson and Thomas J. Oord, 2011 (Sacra Sage Press, Nampa, ID)
2 Corinthians 4:7 - But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
I enjoy woodworking, both furniture as well as home remodeling.