|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3276
- MSN-Education, Walden University
- Bachelors in the Science of Nursing, MedCentral College of Nursing
- I have been working in a MedCentral Health System on a Medical-Surgical Unit and a Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. I have gained an immeasurable amount of knowledge since that time. I have found that some of my strengths are caring for patients in a therapeutic manner, educating patients, organization, and prioritizing.
- Beginning Fall 2009, I have been an Instructor of Nursing for Mount Vernon Nazarene University (MVNU). I have had the opportunity to teach both junior and senior level nursing courses. My area of expertise is Medical Surgical Nursing.
- RN License 321789
- BLC Certified
- ACLS Certified
Published Works and Presentations:
- I plan to be nominated to be inducted this spring 2012 as a community member into the Rho Nu chapter of Sigma Theta Tau.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Participated in a variety of nursing education conferences such as NLN Innovative Teaching Strategies for the Classroom and Clinical Settings, Mosby Faculty Institute and QSEN Faculty Development Institute.
- Anticoagulation Therapy, MedCentral Hospital, June 2008
- Death Issues in the Hospital, MedCentral Hospital, New Employee Orientation, May 2008
- Taught NUR3016 Comfort Care of Adults course for Junior nursing students, Fall 2009
Romans 12:2 (NIV) - "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
Raising my five year old son, Matthew, and three year old daughter, Camryn with my husband, Matt. I enjoy reading, jogging, biking, and outdoor activities with my family.