|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
Dr. Joseph Lechner
(740) 397-9000 Ext. 3211
- Ph.D. State University of Iowa, Biochemistry, 1977.
- B.S. Roberts Wesleyan College, Chemistry, 1972.
Selected Publications and Presentations:
- Professor of Chemistry, 1979 to present,
- Chairman, Natural Sciences Division, 1989 to 2003
- Chairman, Chemistry/Physical Science Department, 1988 to present.
- Research Associate, Northwestern University Dental School, January 1978 to August 1979; June to August, 1980.
- Teaching Assistant, State University of Iowa, September 1973 to May 1976.
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
- "More Nuts and Bolts of Michaelis - Menten Enzyme Kinetics," Journal of Chemical Education, April 15, 2011. To access the article please click here.
- "His Good Pleasure," an essay in Christian Faith, Andrews University Press, 2002.
- Review of Random Designer by Richard Colling, Perspectives on Science and the Christian Faith, September 2008.
- Visualizing Entropy, Journal of Chemical Education, 76: 1382-1385 (1999).
- Contribution to The Hidden Curriculum: Faculty Made Tests in Science, Part 2: Upper-Division Courses, Sheila Tobias and Jacqueline Raphael, 1997: Plenum Press, New York; pages 83-84.
- The VSEPR tree: a hands-on activity for learning molecular geometry. Journal of Chemical Education, 71:12, pages 1021-1022, December, 1994.
Awards and Recognition:
- American Chemical Society
- American Scientific Affiliation
What You Didn't Know about Me:
- Fellow of the American Scientific Affiliation
- Sears-Roebuck Foundation Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- Who's Who in Science and Engineering
- Outstanding Young Men of America
- Joseph Lechner Natural Sciences Scholarship Endowment
- I was a scoutmaster in the Boy Scouts of America
- I was a clarinetist in a symphony orchestra
- I am writing a book on the health benefits of observing Biblical commandments