Dr. Joyce Miller
(740) 397-9000 Ext. 3212
- Ph.D. The Ohio State University, 1999.
- M.A. Ball State University, Physiology, 1980.
- B.A. Olivet Nazarene University, Zoology, 1973.
- Certification, American Society of Clinical Pathologists, Medical Technologist, 1976.
- Instructor in Chemistry, August, 1998 to present; Adjunct Assistant Professor, 1995-1996. Promoted to Assistant Professor Rank, 1999.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 1996 to 1998.
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Wooster Community Hospital, 1995 to present.
- Laboratory Administrative Director, Joel Pomerene Memorial Hospital, 1982 to 1995.
- Laboratory Evening Shift Supervisor, Bethesda Hospital, 1978 to 1982.
- Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor, Knox Community Hospital, 1976 to 1978.
- Medical Technologist, Ball Memorial Hospital, 1975 to 1976.
- Research Laboratory Technician, Ball Corporation, 1973 to 1974.
Awards and Recognition:
- American Association for Clinical Chemistry
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- MidWest Educational Research Association
- National Association for Research in Science Teaching
Selected Published Works and Presentations:
- Competitive Grant Awarded by the Ohio Board of Regents, Title II Initiative for Enhancing Teacher Quality Grant for $8,968.00, 2001.
- Ruth French Memorial Scholarship for laboratory scientists, Alpha Mu Tau Fraternity, 1998.
- Emerson S. and Lucy J. Zuck Fund Award from the College of Education, The Ohio State University, 1998.
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1997.
- Travel Stipend Award for the National Meeting of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry for the Poster Session Presentation, Atlanta, GA, July, 1997.
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Michel, F.E., Miller, J.C., and Loadman, W.E. (2000). Computer-mediated instruction across the curriculum. Roundtable discussion/poster presented at the Mid-Western Educational Research Association 2000 Annual Conference. Chicago, October 26, 2000.
- Miller, J.C., Sabol, L. Sohner, K., & Bannerman, T. (May, 1998) "Identifying Salmonella Outbreaks by the Use of Pulse-Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE) in a State Public Health Laboratory." Poster presented at the General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, Atlanta, GA.
- Miller, J.C., Sabol, L., Sohner, K., & Bannerman, T. (May, 1998). "Identifying Salmonella Outbreaks by the Use of Pulse-Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE) in a State Public Health Laboratory." Oral presentation at the General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, Atlanta, GA.
- Miller, J.C. (July, 1998). "Goals and the annual report: A system for performance evaluation." Medical Laboratory Observer.
- Miller, J.C. (1997) Instructional Technology. In "Teaching at The Ohio State University: A handbook" (4th Ed., pp.48-56). Columbus, OH: Faculty and TA Development.
- Drummer, S., Ingersol, C., and Miller, J.C. 2000. Science Education Dissertations and Theses. In McCann, W. and Haury, D.L. (Eds.) Trends in Science Education Research, 1998. Columbus, Ohio: ERIC\CSMEE.
Psalm 37:23-24 - "The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand."