Mr. David C. Winyard
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3223
Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- Virginia Tech: Ph.D. Candidate, Science & Technology Studies, 2010—Present.
- Virginia Tech: M.S. Science & Technology Studies, 2013.
- Defense Acquisition University: Level III Certification, Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering, 2004.
- University of Rochester: M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 1987.
- University of Maryland: B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Co-op Program, 1980.
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division (NSWC)
- Strategic Distribution & Disposition R&D Program Manager.
- Defense Supply Center Richmond, Value Engineering.
- Mechanical Transmissions, Hydraulic Systems & Pumps.
- Engineering Co-op Student, 1975—1980.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Member, American Scientific Affiliation (ASA)
Published Works and Presentations:
- DLA Distinguished Career Service Award, 2012
- DOD Value Engineering Professional of the Year Award, 2001
- DOD Value Engineering Team Awards, 1999—2002, & 2005
- NSWC Inventors Club: Five patents, plus one "Notice of Allowability."
Favorite Subject-related links:
Favorite Bible Verse:
- "A Technological God? The Emergence of Religious Transhumanism," presentation, ASA, Annual Meeting, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, July 25, 2014.
- "To Enhance or Diminish? That is the Technological Question" presentation, Gender, Bodies & Technology Conference, Blacksburg, VA, May 3, 2014.
- "Creativity and Transhumanism: Where Are the Limits?" presentation, ASA, Annual Meeting, Belmont University, Nashville, TN, July 22, 2013.
- "Transhumanism, and the First Amendment" presentation, Science & Technology in Society Conference, STGlobal Consortium, Science and Technology in Society Conference, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), Washington, DC, April 5, 2013.
- "Review of Steve Fuller, Humanity 2.0: What it Means to be Human Past, Present and Future," book review, Social Epistemology Review and Reply Collective
2 (2) (January 20, 2013): 16-18
2 Chronicles 26:15-16a (KJV): "15 And he [Uzziah] made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal. And his name spread far abroad; for he was marvellously helped, till he was strong. 16 But when he was strong, his heart was lifted up to his destruction
Current hobbies or interests:
- Road cyclist; three cross-country trips;
- Author of "Shore to Shore: A Father and Son Journey Across America", Lulu, 2008.
- Other Interests: reading, travel, photography, woodworking, birding.