Dr. Colleen Bryan
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3707
- Ph.D., Organizational Psychology, February 2009
- M.Ed. George Mason University, Counseling and Development, 1987.
- B.A. Eastern Nazarene College, Social Work, 1980.
- Professor of Psychology, August 2009 – present
- Associate Professor of Psychology, 2002 – 2009
- Associate Professor of Psychology, Assistant Professor of Psychology, September, 1989-2002. (Promoted from Instructor to Assistant Professor effective August 1993.
- Director of Counseling, Northwest Nazarene College, August, 1987 to July, 1989.
- Resident Director, Northwest Nazarene College, August, 1987 to July 1989.
- Independent Consultant, MAXIMUS, Inc., September, 1981 to August, 1987.
Selected Published Works and Presentations:
- Member, Psi Chi (Psychology National Honor Society), 2004 – present
- Member, American Psychological Association (APA), June 1998 – May 2005
- Member, American Psychological Society (APS), September 1998 – August 2002
- Member, American Counseling Association (ACA), 1987 - 2004; included membership in American College Counseling Association (ACCA), 1992 - 1998
- Charter Member, American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), 1994 - 2004
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- "Conflict Resolution and Basic Counseling Skills," lecture for Pastoral Care of Children and Youth class, MVNC, May, 1997; May, 1998.
- "Conflict Resolution and Crisis Intervention," lecture for Social Work course, MVNC, November, 1996.
- "Intra- and Interdepartmental Communication in the Workplace," workshop for MVNC faculty and staff; co-facilitated with Dr. Randy Cronk, March, 1997.
- "Nonverbal Communication," workshop for Enerezan staff, MVNC, October, 1995.
- "Conflict Resolution and Crisis Intervention," lecture for Leadership Skills class, MVNC, March, 1993 to March, 1997.
Psalm 139:14 - "I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it very well."
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
Travel, home renovation, family gatherings