Carrie D. Beal, Ph.D.
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3206
- Ph.D. Emory University, Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis Program, 2006
- B.S. Ashland University, 1999.
Published Works and Presentations:
- Mount Vernon Nazarene University, Mount Vernon, Ohio, Assistant Professor of Biology, 2007-present
- Ashland Chemical, Ashland, Ohio, Research Specialist, Division of Specialty Polymers & Adhesives, 1996-2001
- Kilgore, NE, Ford, ML, Margot, CD, Jones, DS, Reichardt, P, and Evavold, BD. 2004. Defining the parameters necessary for T cell recognition of ligands that vary in potency. Immunological Research. 29(1-3): 29-40. Review.
- Margot, CD, Ford, ML, and Evavold, BD. 2005. Amelioration of established EAE by an MHC anchor substituted variant of PLP 139-151. The Journal of Immunology. 174(6): 3352-3358.
- Wasserman, HA*, Beal, CD*, Zhang, Y, Jiang, N, Zhu, C, and Evavold, BD. 2008. MHC variant peptide-mediated anergy of encephalitogenic T cells requires SHP-1. The Journal of Immunology. 181(10): 6843.
- Margot, CD, Ford, ML, and Evavold, BD. 2003. Regulation of Autoreactive Polyclonal T Cells by an MHC Anchor Substituted Variant of PLP 139-151. Poster Presentation. Emory University Graduate Division of Biological and Biomedical Sciences Research Symposium. September 5th, 2003.
- Margot, CD, Ford, ML, and Evavold, BD. 2004. A Novel Approach to the Treatment of EAE: Altering the Polyclonal T Cell Response through the Generation of an MHC Anchor Substituted Variant of PLP 139-151. Poster Presentation. International Congress on Immunology, Montreal, Quebec. July 18-22nd, 2004.