|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration
Marilyn A. Greer
(740) 397-9000 Ext. 3407
- M.A. The Ohio State University, Reading Education, 1979.
- B.S. Ashland University, Elementary Education, 1963.
- Coordinator of Student Teaching, 1995-1998.
- Associate Professor of Education, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1982 to present.
- Elementary Teacher, Mount Vernon City Schools, 1963-1982.
Awards and Recognition
- International Reading Association
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Middle School Association
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International
Published Works and Presentations
- Who's Who Among American Teachers
- Celebrate Literacy Honor Award from the International Reading Association
- MVNU President's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Award for Excellence in Advising and Retention at MVNU for 2010-2011 Academic Year
Favorite Subject-Related Links
Favorite Scripture Verse
- Workshop, "Content Reading Strategies for Social Studies" for Mount Vernon Middle School Teachers, June 2005
- Workshop, "Course Assessment Techniques," MVNU Faculty, August 2005
- Workshop, "Course-Embedded Assessment," MVNU Faculty January 2006
- Presentation: "Content Reading Strategy to Meet Ohio Academic Content Standards: Social Studies & Language Arts, Grade 6," North Central Regional Literacy Team, May 2006
- Presentation: "Content Area Reading for Grades 4 – 12" ACSI—Columbus, October 2010
II Chron. 7:14 - . . . If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession
- Past job: worked on a farm (helped milk cows, drove tractor, baled hay, etc.), ran the snack bar in a movie theater during children's summer matinees
- past hobby: drag racing
- current hobby: attending sporting events in which my students and neighbors are involved, watching college and professional basketball and professional baseball, reading