|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3703
- Ph.D. Candidate, The Ohio State University, Sociology
- M.A. The Ohio State University, Social Work.
- M.A. The Ohio State University, Sociology.
- B.A. Mount Vernon Nazarene College, Sociology and History.
Professional Social Work Credentials:
- Associate Professor of Social Work, 1999 to present.
- Assistant Professor of Social Work, Department Head, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, 1991 to 1999.
- Psychiatric Social Worker, Knox Community Hospital, 1989-1991.
- Mount Vernon Psychological Services, private practice, 1988-1992.
- Adjunct, Department of Sociology and Psychology, Mount Vernon Nazarene College, 1987-1991
- Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Sociology, Otterbein College, 1987-1989.
- Adjunct Lecturer, Wittenberg University, 1986-1987.
- Foster Care/Adoption Social Worker, Knox County Department of Human Services, 1981-1983; 1984-1985.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker, State of Ohio
- The Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Qualified Clinical Social Worker
- Diplomat in Clinical Social Work
Awards and Recognition:
- National Association of Social Workers
- North American Association of Christians in Social Work
- Council on Social Work Education
- The Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors
- Ohio College Association of Social Work Educators
Published Works and Presentations:
- Social Worker of the Year, Region VIII, Ohio Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers, 2008.
- President, Kappa Chapter, Phi Delta Lambda.
- Volunteer of the Year, Mental Health Association of Knox County, 1992.
- Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities, 1978.
- Alpha Delta Mu, National Social Work Honor Society
- Phi Kappa and Phi Kappa Chapter, Phi Delta Lambda, International Honor Society of the Church of the Nazarene
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- "Till death do us part, The hidden secret of marital violence," Herald of Holiness, 84, 32-36, 1995.
- "And your daughters will prophesy . . .," The Preacher Magazine, 59, 32x-32aa, 1983.
- "Religion," In L. Richardson, The Dynamics of Sex and Gender: A Sociological Perspective. (3rd. ed.). New York: Harper and Row, 1988.
- "Uncle Arthur's bedtime stories: A content analysis of sex-stereotyping. In L. Richardson and V. Taylor (Eds), Feminist Frontiers: Rethinking Sex, Gender and Society. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1983.
- Workshop -- "National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics Training," The University of Rio Grande, May, 1998.