Dr. Robert Roller
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3301
- Doctor of Philosophy, Oklahoma State University, Business Administration/Strategic Management & Organizational Theory (1995)
- Master of Business Administration, Oral Roberts University, Finance (1986)
- Bachelor of Science, Oral Roberts University, Business/Theology (1979)
- Dean and Professor of Management, Jetter School of Business, Mount Vernon Nazarene University (2010-present)
- President, International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (2006-09)
- Dean, School of Business, LeTourneau University (1998-2006)
- Chair, Division of Business, Roberts Wesleyan College (1996-98)
- Assistant Professor of Management & Entrepreneurship, Kennesaw State University (1992-96)
- Assistant Professor of Management/Instructor of Finance, Oral Roberts University (1986-1992)
- Business Manager, Cone-Lewis Printing Company, Tulsa OK (1979)
Published Works & Presentations:
- Christian Business Faculty Association – Secretary of the Board of Directors
- Christian Adult Higher Education Association
- Academy of Management
Awards and Recognition:
- Andrews, B.K. and Roller, R.H. (2011). Pastoral preparation for ministry management and leadership. Presented to the 2011 conference of the Christian Business Faculty Association, Mount Vernon OH, June 2011.
- Ray, D.S. and Roller, R.H. (2005). Reducing teacher turnover: An empirical examination of antecedents of public school teacher turnover. The International Journal of Business and Public Administration, Vol. 2 (1), 115-127.
- Roller, R.H., Andrews, B.K., and Bovee, S.L. (2003). The costs, benefits, and motivations for specialized accreditation of business schools: A comparison of AACSB, ACBSP, IACBE, and nonaccredited programs. The Journal of Education for Business, Vol. 78 (4), 197-204.
- Bovee, S.L., Roller, R.H., and Andrews, B.K. (2000). The pursuit of excellence: Costs, benefits, and motivations for Christian college business accreditation. Research in Christian Higher Education, Vol. 7, 45-69.
- Irwin, C.E. and Roller, R.H. (2000). Pastoral preparation for Church management. The Journal of Ministry Marketing and Management, Vol. 6 (1), 53-67.
- Roller, R.H. (2008). Overcoming the challenges of change in higher education (plenary address). Presented to the 2008 conference of the Christian Adult Higher Education Association, Overland Park, KS, July 31, 2008.
- Bovee, S.L., Roller, R.H., and Andrews, B.K. (2001). Bricks without straw: The unique challenges of Christian business school leadership. Presented to the Christian Business Faculty Association annual conference, Bourbonnais, IL, October 2001.
Favorite Subject-Related Link
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
- Richard C. Chewning Award for Biblical Integration in Business, Christian Business Faculty Association
- Barnabas Award, Christian Business Faculty Association (for contributing to the CBFA's organizational effectiveness in integrating personal faith and business)
- Who's Who Among America's Teachers
- Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, ORU Graduate School of Business
- Eagle Scout Award, Boy Scouts of America
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Teen Bible Quiz Coach, Harvest Christian Center, Mount Vernon OH
- District Teen Bible Quiz Coordinator (Kansas, Georgia, Ohio)
- Associate Pastor, First Assembly of God, Warren OH
- Youth Pastor, Carbondale Assembly of God, Tulsa OK
Luke 12:48 (NIV)-From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.