|MVNU Home / Academics / Faculty, Staff and Administration |
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3501
- 2011. Ph.D. in English, Bowling Green State University, Rhetoric and Writing
- M.A., English/Composition, University of Akron
- B.A., Communication/Journalism, Crown College
- Dean, School of Arts and Humanities, 2013
- Chair, Department of Communication
- Associate Professor of English and Journalism
- MVNU faculty since 2000
- Adjunct faculty, Marion Technical College. University of Akron, OSU-Newark
- Owner/Manager, Schultz Publication Services.
- Copywriter, Mount Carmel Health System Creative Services
- Managing Editor, Evangelical Ministries
- Assistant Editor, Twin Cities Christian
Awards and Recognition:
- Contributing Editor, Windhover: A Journal of Christian Literature
- Rhetoric Society of America
- College English Association of Ohio
- Conference on Christianity and Literature
- National Council of Teachers of English/College Composition and Communication
Published Works and Presentations (Limit 5):
- Faculty Development Mini-Grant. 2011.
- Alma J. Payne Nontraditional Student Scholarship, Bowling Green State University. 2008-09.
- Faculty Development Mini-Grant, 2003
- Teagle Collaboration Grant, Summer 2002
- Evangelical Press Association Mel Larson Journalism Scholarship,1978
Past jobs and/or current hobbies:
- "Wearing out the Apron: Ida B. Wells at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair." Presentation in panel "Reframing the Self in Acts of Defiance: Ida B. Wells' Confrontational Rhetoric," Yvonne R. Schultz, chair. With Dr. Sue Wood, Bowling Green State University, and Dr. Beth Church, Bowling Green State University. Rhetoric Society of America 2012 Conference, May 24-28, 2012, Philadelphia, Pa.
- "Not Your Grandmother's Grammar: A Review of Traditional and Modern Grammars, Punctuation, and Usage." MVNU Faculty Institute Workshop, Aug. 24, 2011.
- "Remediating Place: Vashti's Powerful Presence of Absence," Conference on Christianity and Literature Mideast Region 2010, Grove City College, Grove City, Pa. March 11-13, 2010.
- "A Speech, a Painting, and a Pamphlet: Making Rhetorical Space at the 1893 Chicago World's Fair." International Feminism(s) and Rhetoric(s) Biennial Conference. Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich. October 7-10, 2009.
- Bowling Green State University, Ph.D., rhetoric and writing student panel. Invited to participate in Conference on College Composition and Communication. New Orleans, La. April 2008.
Running, biking, walking, gardening and canning, reading contemporary literature, kayaking, dining out