Dr. William Wantland
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3711
- Ph.D., U.S. History, Miami University, Ohio, 1994
- M.A., Miami University, Ohio, 1985
- B.A., Business Administration, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 1983
- Professor of History, 2002-present; Associate Professor 1999-2002.
- Associate Professor of History, Northwest Nazarene University, 1991-2000
Awards and Recognition:
- Civil War Society
- Ohio Academy of History
- Society of Historians of the Early Republic (SHEAR)
- American Historical Association (AHA)
- Communal Studies Association (CSA)
Published Works and Presentations:
- Excellent Professor of the Year, Northwest Nazarene University, 1999. (Co-award.)
- Social Science Divisional Nominee for Professor of the Year, NNU, 1993.
- Teaching Fellow, Miami University, 1986-1989.
- Teaching Assistant, Miami University, 1985-1986.
Favorite Subject Related Links:
- "Stanley Matthew," supplement toYale Biographical Dictionary of American Law, Yale University Press (forthcoming).
- Paper, "The Election of 1864," presented to the Sons of Civil War Veterans, Mount Vernon, Ohio, 2001.
- Book Review of Alfers, Pool, and Mugalstan, eds., Perspecitves on American West for Teaching History, V. 24 No. 1 (1999).
- Book Review of Richard Etwlain's Re-Imagining the Modern American West for Inland, V. 22, No.1 (1991).
- Book Review of Alfers, Pool and Muglastan, eds., Perspectives on America for Teaching History, V. 24, No. 1 (1999).
- Paper, "Stanley Matthews and the Election of 1876," presented at the Idaho History Conference, Twin Falls, Idaho, 1998.
- Book Review of David Goldfield, et. al, The American Journey, V. I and II for History Survey.
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- Valley of the Shadow, University of Virginia
- Crisis at Fort Sumter, Tulane University (Civil War Site)
John 7:38 (NASV) - He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.
What You Didn't Know about Me:
I enjoy travelling, jogging, and biking.