Dr. W. Brett Wiley
(740) 392-6868 Ext. 3515
- Ph.D. in English, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- M.A. in English, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- B.A. in English, Berry College, Mount Berry, Georgia
- Associate Professor, Mount Vernon Nazarene University, 2008 - present
- Adjunct Professor, Contemporary Music Center, 2006 - 2008
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Georgia, 2005-2006
- Honors Program Graduate Teaching Assistant, University of Georgia, 2004-2005
Awards and Recognition:
- MLA, Conference of Christianity and Literature, Sigma Tau Delta
Published Works & Presentations:
- "Professing Literature." CCCU Calvin Summer Seminar, Calvin College, Calvin, Michigan, July 2009.
Favorite Subject-Related Links:
Favorite Scripture Verse:
- "Toni Morrison's American Cain; Or, Sula Peace and the National Identity." Toni Morrison Society Session. American Literature Association. Boston, Massachusetts, May 2009.
- "'Restoring the Broken Connections': Conflict Resolved in Wendell Berry's Remembering." Ed. Ben Robertson. New York: Edwin Mellon Press, 2007. 281-98.
- "The Way of Restoration: Nature, Humanity, and Tradition in Wendell Berry's Remembering." Southeast Conference on Christianity and Literature. Campbellsville University, Campbellsville, Kentucky, April 2005.
- "Saint Anthony, Lost Things, and Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms." Key West Hemingway (International Hemingway Society Conference). Key West, Florida, June 2004.
- "Cathcart and the Magazine." War, Literature and the Arts. Vol. 14 (2002). 78-88. (also selected for inclusion in Gale Research, Twentieth Century Literary Criticism, Vol. 151.)
Past jobs and/or current hobbies unrelated to your profession:
Waffle House cook