The MVNU Women's Auxiliary exists to accomplish the following:
- Provide scholarships for MVNU students
- Provide fellowship for the ladies of the East Central Educational Region (Eastern Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia)
- Provide for the campus of MVNU through ongoing Campus Projects
- Driving Directions to MVNU
- Campus Map
- Mount Vernon Area Lodging Options
- Surrounding Area Lodging Options
1980 - Expanded from a campus organization for women called The Lakeholm Ladies, to include ladies across the Mount Vernon Nazarene University educational region: Ohio, Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia. The first on-campus retreat was held in 1981. Annual average attendance has been between 600-800.
To provide a broader knowledge of university affairs across the MVNU region; to provide service in special areas; and to contribute gifts for special projects.
Membership is included with registration for the annual Spring Retreat; however, ladies may join at anytime during the year (March 1- end of February) for $5.00. Membership includes voting privileges, a subscription to THE ROSE, which is the Women?s Auxiliary information newsletter mailed twice yearly, and all other mailings.
The work of the Auxiliary is directed by a council made up of the wife of the university president, elected officers, a representative from each of the eight MVNU supporting districts of the Church of the Nazarene.
Scholarships - The Auxiliary has awarded more than 340 scholarships, ranging from $300 in the beginning to the current annual 15 scholarships of $1,000 each. Approximately $287,000 has been awarded in scholarships to date.
Gazebo - Raised approximately $2,000 for the construction of the Gazebo in the grove on campus.
Chapel/Auditorium - Donated $12,500 to provide platform furniture for the R.R. Hodges Chapel/Auditorium: chairs, pulpit, altar and communion table and a number of choir chairs.
Scholarship Endowment - Established a scholarship endowment that has grown from $20,000 to just over $100,000. We gladly receive donations to the endowment at any time.
Resident Missionary Home - Refurbished this home at 115 Parrott Street at a cost of approximately $6,000.
Prayer Garden - Contributed approximately $4,000 to the Prayer Garden, located near the Gazebo, to complete the path around the area and to place Scripture Stones at various locations throughout the Garden.
Campus Benches - The Auxiliary raised over $6,500 and provided 22 benches throughout the campus for campus beautification. Many of these have been given in memory or honor of someone and a plaque is displayed on those benches.
Cecil & Novice Morris Waterfall in the Prince Student Union - $19,300 was raised to construct the waterfall in the atrium of the Prince Student Union. This project is in memory and honor of Cecil & Novice Morris for their many years of loyal support to Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
Campus Center Ladies Restroom Renovation - The Ladies Restroom on the first floor of the Hyson Campus Center was completely renovated in 2006 at a cost of $10,000.
New Robes for the Treble Singers Choir - The Women's Auxiliary was able to provide all new robes for the Treble Singers Choir in 2007 at a cost of $7,000.
- President - Deedee Stone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Advisor - Sharon Spaulding
- Vice-President - Sandy Burrier (email@example.com)
- Secretary - Glenda McElhaney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer - Loretta Wirzfeld (email@example.com)
- Retreat Coordinator - Trinia Huddleston (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Projects Co-Chair - TBA
- Boutique Coordinator - Mary Shafer (email@example.com)
- Membership/Retreat Registration - Roberta Simmons (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Historian - Brenda Grimes (email@example.com)
- Silent Auction Coordinator - TBA
- Survival Kit Coordinator - JoLee Carrier
- East Ohio District Rep - Glenda McElhaney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Eastern Kentucky District Rep - TBA
- South Central Ohio District Rep - Nancy McNutt (email@example.com)
- North Central Ohio District Rep - Diann Diehl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- South Western Ohio District Rep - DeeDee Stone (email@example.com)
- West Virginia South District Rep - Kelly Estep (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- President Emeritus - Novice Morris (email@example.com)
- Treasurer Emeritus - Juanita Ferguson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Survival Kits - Women's Auxiliary make Survival Kits just before Final Exam Week at the end of the fall and spring semesters. These can be ordered by anyone who would like to send them to students. Many volunteers are needed to help pack the kits. This project is done on a Saturday morning in December and again in May. 100% of the profit from the Survival Kits go toward scholarships given to MVNU students as well.
To become a member of the Women's Auxiliary, mail a $5.00 check made payable to "MVNU Women's Auxiliary" to:
MVNU Women's Auxiliary
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, OH 43050