Baccalaureate Degrees (BA, BS, BSW)
- Complete the appropriate preparatory/intervention course sequence as designated below if conditionally accepted.
- Complete 120 semester hours of approved course work numbered 1000 and above.
- Complete the baccalaureate degree General Education Core for the chosen major(s).
- Complete one semester of foreign language at MVNU or complete two years of one foreign language in high school. American Sign Language does not fulfill the foreign language requirement.
- Complete 39 semester hours of courses numbered 3000 or above.
- Complete an approved major program and minor (or approved supporting courses.)
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 in all work taken at MVNU.
- Within the major, earn no grade below "C-" (or higher if the department requires a higher minimum grade) in all required courses, and in the minimum number of elective hours required. For most majors, earn a minimum GPA of 2.00. Consult the department section for the major in the Catalog for guidance on any variations.
- Complete the General Education and Major Assessments. Students who desire to complete two or more majors are required to complete the assessment in each major.
- Pay all expenses in the Student Financial Services Office.
These limitations apply to the minimum 124 hours required for graduation.
- A candidate for a bachelor’s degree must enroll in and earn a minimum of 30 semester hours at MVNU.
- One half the major must be taken in residence or else written approval secured from the department chairperson and the University Registrar.
- A second major or minor must include at least 12 unduplicated credit hours.
- No more than 8 semester hours each in physical education activity, music ensembles, or practica, and no more than 12 semester hours total from these areas may be counted.
- No more than 30 hours by examination, and no more than 15 hours by independent study may be counted.