Additional Refund Information
- Housing deposits: When a student moves off campus or does not return to the university, a written request must be made by June 30, 2013 for a housing deposit to be released. E-mail requests are preferred and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. When released, the deposit is automatically applied to any outstanding balance. If all accounts are paid, the deposit is refunded.
- Rooms: are rented for the entire semester and as such cannot be re-assigned during a semester. Room charges are refunded as follows:
- By Friday of the first week of the semester: all but $150
- By Friday of the second week of the semester: all but $300
- After the second week but before the fourth week: 50%
- After the fourth week: 0%
The University retains 100% of the room rent when a student moves off campus after the fourth week. In this case the housing deposit is released. Otherwise it is forfeited. There is no room refund for January.
- Meal Plan: Meal Plan refunds are prorated on the basis of the number of feeding days remaining in the term from the end of the week in which the student moves off campus.
- January travel: Because of commitments for transportation, rooms, etc. made prior to the trip, refunds are not allowed on January travel expenses after the last date announced by the professor for cancelation or December 15, whichever comes first.
Refunds are subject to timely completion of appropriate petitions (e.g., schedule change form, off-campus housing petition, etc.) by students in harmony with published deadlines.