Mount Vernon Nazarene University

2011-2012 Catalog


A student who has withdrawn from the university, who has not attended for a full semester, or whose enrollment at Mount Vernon Nazarene University has been interrupted during a semester must be accepted for readmission before being allowed to register for courses. (January term and summer school sessions are not considered regular semesters for admissions purposes.) A Readmission Application must be submitted to the Admissions Office, along with:

  • The $100 tuition deposit by the prescribed admissions deadline
  • Any outstanding financial balance owed to the University must be cleared prior to consideration of the application
  • The medical history form must be resubmitted only if health has significantly changed since enrollment
  • Residential students must resubmit the housing contract and $150 housing deposit.
  • If a student has registered at another university since last attending Mount Vernon Nazarene University, an official transcript and transfer reference must also be submitted from each university attended before readmission will be considered.
  • A student who has earned a total of 64 semester hours (including that taken at Mount Vernon Nazarene University) who wishes to transfer a lower division course from a community college must secure written permission from the University Registrar prior to enrolling.

A student seeking readmission after academic or social dismissal, or withdrawal from the university with grades of WF or X, will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The student must submit two letters of reference from individuals other than a relative and a personal statement of intent to succeed with the application. The personal statement should include a description of activity since leaving the University and the reason for desiring readmission. If readmitted, a student who left the university on academic probation or dismissal may be admitted with academic conditions assigned by the Admissions Committee. Exceptions are made when transferring sufficient credit earned from another institution during their absence to restore good academic standing (see Academic Regulations and Procedures) and satisfactory academic progress (minimum 14 hours transferable credit with a 2.00 grade point average in the last semester attended).