MVNU Affiliated Programs
Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
Mount Vernon Nazarene University is a member of the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities. Students from CCCU member schools can apply to participate in special CCCU study programs. Additional information can be found at the CCCU website: http://www.cccu.org or http://www.bestsemester.com.
- American Studies Program in Washington, DC studying and interning in public policy administration and its relationship to federal government programs.
- Australia Studies Centre for Ministry and the Arts, at the Wesley Institute in Sydney, Australia. In addition to integrative courses, students may select from drama, drawing/graphic design, music, ministry and theology.
- China Studies Program at Xiamen University and other locations studying historical, cultural, religious, geographic and economic realities of this strategic and populous nation.
- Contemporary Music Center is a program that is centered in Nashville, TN. Students work with faculty, musicians, and organizations in the making and marketing of contemporary music.
- Latin American Studies Program in San Jose, Costa Rica focuses on the historical, language-oriented, literary, political, economic, religious, cultural, and ecological aspects of Latin America.
- Los Angeles Film Studies Center enables students to study the film industry to develop professional skills and Christian integrity for the film medium.
- Middle East Studies Program, based in Cairo, Egypt, focuses on the complex history, religions, peoples, and cultures of the Middle East.
- Oxford Summer Programme is similar to the Scholar's Semester in Oxford but takes place in the summer term.
- Scholar's Semester in Oxford is designed for scholarly students interested in art history, classics, English language & literature, history, musicology, theology, modern language, social sciences or philosophy.
- Uganda Studies Program offers an invaluable opportunity for studies in and about east Africa. Students choose from a variety of areas of study including ministry and missions.
- Washington Journalism Center is a semester-long study program in Washington, DC. In addition to internship, students take courses focusing on writing skills and the history and future of the media.
Focus on the Family Institute
Students interested in family processes and policies can apply to the Focus on the Family Institute for the one-semester program. Application, course, and financial information are available from the Focus on the Family website: http://www.focusonthefamily.org.
The University participates in a cooperative program with Kenyon College. Participation in the Kenyon College program requires permission of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Department Chair of the participating department and the Off-Campus Study Committee. The Kenyon College cooperative program is available only for special circumstances.
Nazarene International Language Institute
Students majoring in Spanish can earn 15-18 hours of credit while spending a semester at the Nazarene International Language Institute (NILI) in Quito, Ecuador. http://www.snu.edu/nazarene-international-language-institute.