Baccalaureate Degrees (BA, BS, BSW)
- Complete the appropriate preparatory/intervention course sequence as designated below if conditionally accepted.
- Complete 124 semester hours of approved course work numbered 1000 and above.
- Complete the baccalaureate degree general education core for the chosen major(s).
- Complete one semester of foreign language at Mount Vernon Nazarene University or complete two years of one foreign language in high school. American Sign Language does not fulfill the foreign language requirement.
- Complete 40 semester hours of courses numbered 3000 or above.
- Complete an approved major program and minor (or approved supporting courses.)
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 in all accepted transfer work and work taken at Mount Vernon Nazarene University.
- Within the major, earn no grade below "C-" (or higher if the department requires a higher minimum grade) in all required courses, and in the minimum number of elective hours required. For most majors, earn a minimum grade point average of 2.00. Consult the department section for the major in the Catalog for guidance on any variations.
- Complete the general education and major assessment programs. Students who desire to complete two or more majors are required to complete the assessment in each major.
- Pay all expenses in the Student Accounts Office.
These limitations apply to the minimum 124 hours required for graduation.
- A candidate for a bachelor’s degree must enroll in and earn a minimum of 30 semester hours at MVNU.
- One half the major must be taken in residence or else written approval secured from the department chairperson and the University Registrar.
- No more than 8 semester hours each in physical education activity, music ensembles, or practica, and no more than 12 semester hours total from these areas may be counted.
- No more than 30 hours by examination, and no more than 15 hours by independent study may be counted.