British Isles: In the Footsteps of John Wesley and British Authors
May 6-16, 2018
to Scotland, Northern Ireland,
- Take a panoramic tour of London, including Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St. Paul's Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, and Westminster Abbey.
- Visit Wesley's Chapel,
as well as other sites involving the
"Father of Methodism," including the site of
his Aldersgate Street conversion, his home/museum and Samuel Wesley's grave.
- Explore the Globe Theater, where Shakespeare's plays were originally performed.
Travel to mysterious Stonehenge, a
fascinating collection of ancient
monoliths erected nearly 2,000 years
B.C. They were once used to calculate the eclipses and equinoxes.
- Visit the British Museum, which
houses the Rosetta Stone, Elgin
Marbles, and a copy of the Magna
- Explore Nottingham Castle and Sherwood Forest, inspiration and setting for the tales of Robin Hood.
- Visit famous centers of learning, such as Oxford, Cambridge, Christ Church College, and Manchester.
- Visit the historic homes of Darwin, Dickens, Keats, C.S. Lewis, and Shakespeare. And much, much more!
itinerary for Scotland,
Northern Ireland, and Ireland
- This trip is open to alumni, pastors, and friends of