- Why MVNU?
- About AGS
- Graduate Programs
- Undergraduate Programs
- MVNU Sites
- Admissions & Financial Aid
SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
|BACHELOR OF SOCIAL WORK|
- Completion of an associate degree in Human Services or completion of a minimum of 56 traditional semester hours (84 quarter hours) from college-level courses taken at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher on a 4.00 scale in all previous college course work.
- Completion of two years of full-time work experience.
- Completion of foundation courses in social work, including Introduction to Social Work, Social Work Interviewing, Social Work Documentation, Cultural and Human Diversity, Social Welfare Systems, and a minimum of 70 hours of supervised field experience. Courses must be successfully passed with a minimum grade of C.
- Completion of required cognate courses, including Introduction to Sociology, General Psychology, Principles of Macroeconomics, and Principles of Biology and the Laboratory.
- Completion of a social work program application, including three references; one reference must be from a Human Services program or previous college about candidateís suitability for the social work profession.
- Completion of an entrance interview and receipt of a recommendation for formal admission to the program from an admissions panel.
- Submission of a copy of final field experience performance evaluation.
- Prior learning credit or work experience is not accepted for this program
- Completion of a Social Work program application
- Submission of three references, including a recommendation from a Human Services program or previous college about the candidate's suitability for the social work profession.
- Submission of official transcripts from each college and university that you have attended.
- Submission of a copy of the studentís final field experience performance evaluation.
- Once your transcripts have been received and evaluated, a MVNU Admissions Coach will contact you to notify you of the transcript audit results. If you have met the admission requirements and been accepted, you will be assisted through the enrollment process.
- After accepted, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a place in a cohort group. The deposit is then applied to tuition. The cohort size is limited.
Our financial aid staff will work with you to apply for tuition reimbursement from your employer, federal student aid, or a student loan.Graduation Requirements (total of 124 semester hours needed to graduate)
- 6 semester hours in English composition or the completion of the English composition capstone course
- 3 semester hours in mathematics (must include MAT2063 Introduction to Statistics)
- 9 semester hours in arts and humanities (must include HIS2053 American Government)
- A minimum of 6 semester hours in social and behavioral sciences (must include ECO1033 Principles of Macroeconomics, SOC1013 Introduction to Sociology, and PSY1013General Psychology)
- 6 semester hours in natural sciences (must include BIO1014 Principles of Biology and Biology Laboratory)
- 9 semester hours in liberal arts electives
- 16 semester hours in social work foundation courses required for admission to the program
- Introduction to Social Work
- Social Welfare Systems
- Cultural and Human Diversity
- Social Work Interviewing
- Social Work Documentation
- A minimum of 70 hours in a supervised field experience
- 52 semester hours in social work program requirements
- Foundations of Generalist Social Work Practice
- Foundations and Issues of Social Welfare
- Social Science Research Methods
- Social Work Micropractice
- Social Work Mezzopractice
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment I
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment II
- Social Work Macropractice
- Analysis of Social Policy
- Foundations of a Biblical Worldview
- Integrated Social Work Seminar
- Social Work Practicum
- American Government
- Introduction to Statistics