PEL Admission Requirements
You're ready to make a difference in your own life and in the lives of others. When you enter the PEL program at MVNU, you earn both your master's degree in education and prepare for state licensure exams in as little as two years.
Requirements for Master of Arts in Education – PEL program enrollment:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with 2.5 to 3.0 GPA may be granted conditional admission for the first 12 semester hours of graduate work. If the student has achieved a GPA of at least 3.0 after 12 semester hours, the student will be recommended for regular admission status.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of proficiency in English by scoring 500 or above on the TOEFL test or scoring 17 or above on the ESL Proficiency Examination.
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the MAEd graduate application form.
- Submit a "Statement of Purpose" (described on the application form).
- Submit the names of each university/college you have attended for obtaining transcripts.
- Arrange for submission of three references sent directly to the AGS office.
- Attend an Admissions Seminar.
Once accepted, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your place in the program. The deposit is applied toward your tuition.
Get Answers to Your Questions
At MVNU, we know you don't want to jump into a career change without thinking it through. We’ve provided some answers for you on our FAQ page. Still wondering if you meet the qualifications? Want to talk to someone about the time commitment involved? Have a question about courses required for licensure, credit transfers, or financial aid? You can request information online , or just pick up the phone and give us a call at 1-800-839-2355. We're happy to answer all of your questions.