Intervention Specialist Mild/Moderate
MVNU now offers a master's degree program leading to initial Ohio licensure as an Intervention Specialist for Mild/Moderate Disabilities. The Intervention Specialist Initial License (ISM) program is specifically designed for persons with a bachelorís degree who do not have a teaching license. The program leads to a first teaching license in the area of special education and is for individuals with an interest in and commitment to serving pupils with disabilities.The IS program course work includes:
- Classroom instruction with 41 credit hours taught once a week (4-hour class).
- Thirteen credit hours of field and clinical experience providing students with confidence to serve this special population of students.
- Completion of licensure requirements and degree requirements in 34 months.
- Course guides, tablet computer and textbooks are included in program fees. Books are delivered to your home or mailing address.
- Qualified faculty with a depth of experience in serving students with disabilities.
- A supportive, intentionally Christian learning environment.
- Being part of a cohort that supports and maximizes learning.
- Assistance with financial aid to make your degree affordable.
The ISM program is a blend of classroom and field experience that will provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to serve the special population of students with mild/moderate disabilities. Classroom instruction is offered one night a week for four hours in a supportive cohort group at MVNU sites.The field and clinical experiences are scheduled individually during the day and provide the candidate with actual classroom experiences necessary to become a highly qualified intervention specialist teacher. Clinical and field experience courses include the following:
- ISP6021 Individualized Instructional Strategies Field Experience
- ISP6032 Extended Field Experience for Exceptional Learners
- ISP6051 Consultation and Collaboration Field Experience
- ISP6066 Student Teaching (12 weeks, full-time)
See the course list for descriptions of each class.Call now to learn more or schedule a visit.