CUI Admission Requirements
We make the enrollment process simple at Mount Vernon Nazarene University. Our knowledgeable staff members are available to help you and answer questions as you apply for admission into the program.
Requirements for Master of Arts in Education CUI enrollment:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.00 scale.
- Applicants must have (or have had) a valid teaching license and submit a copy of the license with the completed application.
- Entrance interview with the Program Coordinator for Curriculum and Instruction.
Applicants who do not meet the grade point average requirements may be granted conditional admission.
Conditional admission status continues for the first twelve semester hours of graduate work. If the student has achieved a graduate grade point average of at least 3.0 at the end of twelve hours, the student will be recommended for regular admission status.
Contact an MVNU site near you to learn more about the Curriculum & Instruction program.
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the MAEd graduate application form.
- Submit a "Statement of Purpose" (described on the application form).
- Submit the names of each university/college you have attended for obtaining transcripts.
- Arrange for submission of two references sent directly to the AGS office.
Once accepted, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your place in the program. The deposit is then applied to your tuition.
Thirty-six (36) hours are required for the Master of Arts in Education CUI, which is designed to be completed in two years.