ISP Admission Requirements
Requirements for Master of Arts in Education – ISP program enrollment:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.00 scale).
- Applicants must have (or have had) a valid teaching license and submit a copy of the license with the completed application.
- A completed MAEd graduate application with reference forms.
- Entrance interview with the Coordinator of ISP.
How do I get started?
- Complete an online application.
- Submit the names of each of the institutions you have attended. An MVNU staff member will assist you in obtaining your official transcript.
- Request that two professional references be filled out and sent directly to the Adult and Graduate Studies office.
- The Adult and Graduate Studies office will notify you of your acceptance.
Once you are accepted, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your place in the program. The deposit is applied toward your tuition.
Graduation & Licensure Requirements
- View licensure requirements here. Early childhood and middle childhood licensure would satisfy most of these requirements.
- Cumulative GPA for ISP of at least 3.00
- Pass Praxis II
- SpEd K-B Core Principles – 0354
- PLT PK-3 – 0521 (166) or
- PLT K-6 – 0522 (168) or
- PLT 5-9 – 0523 (168) or
- PLT 7-12 – 0524 (165)
- Complete field experiences at a range of age, ability levels, kinds of disabilities, and a variety of settings (including diversity)
- Pass BCII background check (FBI check also, if in Ohio less than five years)
- Complete all course work, field experiences and advanced practicum with a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 and no more than two courses with a grade below a B-.
- Complete research and writing project approved by ISP faculty advisor