MVNU offers several programs
designed to prepare students for a variety of areas in computer science:
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in computer science (BS Checklist)
- Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) in computer science (BA Checklist)
- Associate Degree in Applied Science in Business Data Processing
- Minor in computer science
- Business Information Systems degree (BIS) in cooperation with the Business department
Computer Science Foundation
As the computer science field quickly evolves, how can you be prepared to make the transition
to new technologies and methodologies? The answer is a solid
foundation in the underlying theory and practice of computer science, upon which everything is built.
MVNU's Computer Science program, based on a core of classes that
all majors take, will prepare you with this solid foundation.
- Computer Science I
- Computer Science II
- Data Structures and Algorithm Design
- Introduction to Software Development
- Elementary Discrete Mathematics
Computer Science Breadth
In addition to the foundation courses, specialized courses broaden your exposure, and
provide an opportunity to concentrate
in the area of your choice.
- Database Management Systems
- Computer networking
- Operating systems
- Computer architecture
- Software Engineering
- Programming language theory
- C, C++, and Java are used throughout the curriculum.
- Internships provide real-world work experience
- Senior capstone project course gives each student the opportunity to design and build a complete system within their own area of interest.
Computer Science Distinctives
- Classes at MVNU are small; the student-faculty ratio is low.
- Close, personal
relationships among students and faculty provide an atmosphere conducive
to learning and growing.
- Departmental service activities integrate learning and service.
- Active Reseach - faculty and students currently involved in sponsored research in wireless networking.
- We believe a solid academic
and professional program integrated with Christ's model of service and
compassion will prepare you for a life of service to God and others.
While on a service project, MVNU CS majors T.J. and Jesse work to
build a network for a seminary in Manila, Philippines.